"Our objective is to provide a nurturing ground where there is a holistic unfolding of the personality, striving to develop Benhill School into a truly global campus that lays the foundations for developing a strong knowledge base in a healthy socio-cultural environment. To enable students to imbibe a positive but critical approach to problem solving and global thinking, thus transforming them into Citizens of The World”. Benhill School’s infrastructure is designed to handle all aspects of co-educational learning and boarding environment. The school is well aware of its responsibilities to ensure the safety and security of all students and the girl students in particular.
- Every student is given a copy of the students diary and it must be brought daily to the school.
- All students shall make themselves acquainted with the rules notified for their conduct.Ignorance of rules will not be accepted as an excuse.
- All students are requested to be school premises a few minutes before the first morning bell.
- All are expected to be in their class rooms at the first bell in the morning as well as in the afternoon.
- Students shall keep silence and decorum in the class rooms and corridors.
- They shall not leave their class rooms or enter any other class room without permission.
The school premises and class rooms must be kept clean and tidy. Any damage caused to the property of the school or of other students must be reported to the Principal and will have to be compensated.No behaviour affecting the discipline of the school will be permitted.Speaking English is compulsory in the school campus and the school bus. Any damages caused to the property of the school or of other students must be reported to the Principal and will have to be compensated.Students shall be responsible for the safe custody of their belongings.It is suggested that their names be inscribed on articles like lunch boxes, School bags and umbrellas.
It is not advisable for the students to have money or expensive articles or gold/silver ornaments in their possession. Students are not permitted to bring mobile phones or any electronic items in the school campus. No meetings or parties should be arranged without the knowledge and approval of the Principal. All collections must be made through the office.Every Student shall endeavour to keep the high standard of the school by excelling in studies,propriety and demeanor.Students are responsible to the school but also fr their general behavior outside. All students are sincerely exhausted to cultivate the habit of morning and evening prayer.Catholic students are advised to assist regularly at Holy Mass and frequent the sacraments and thus be witnesses to Christ in their daily lives.Catholic parents would do well to encourage their children in this matter.
Star of the year award
One student each from I-XII receives the star of the year award.They are selected with the secret vote of the companions and teachers for overall/extra ordinary performance during the year.Good conduct,sincerty, punctuality, cordiality, cleanliness, ambiability and leadership qualities are virtues and values expected of every Benhil Student and the best are awarded every year.
Benhil english school has fixed dress code of discipline.It helps to remove any possible signs of inequality among the students based either on economic,cultural or religious differences.It helps the students perform academically better, and to take the school environment seriously as they can concentrate mor on teir studies rather than on deciding their attire.The school has Wednesday/Saturday uniform and Games uniform. For safety reasons and for discipline and uniformity, students must use school uniform on all class days and days of school functions unless otherwise directed from the school.
THE PATTERN OF THE SCHOOL UNIFORM
BOYS:(Wed & Sat)
- 1-4   Forest green trousers and Benhill labelled white and green line shirt.
- 5-8   Forest green pants, white & Green line half sleeve shirt.
- 9-10 Forest green pants, white & Green full sleeve shirt and forest green blazers.
BOYS:(Mon,Tue,Thu & Fri)
- 1-4   Navy blue shorts and Yellow T shirt.
- 5-10 Navy blue shorts and yellow T shirt.
GIRLS:(Mon,Tue,Thu & Fri)
- 1-4   Forest Green cheak pinafore and white & green line half sleeve shirt.
- 5-8   Forest Green cheak skirt, and white & green line half sleeve shirt and sleeveless coat.
- 9-12 Forest green cheak skirt and white & green line full sleeve shirt and forest green blazers.
GIRLS:(Wed & Sat)
- 5-10 Navy blue skirt, Yellow T shirt and blue coat.
School shoes and socks
On Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays: Black shoes, Forest green socks with white stripes.On Wednesdays and saturdays:Black shoes,navy blue socks with yellow stripes.Only white sports shoes and white socks will be used for school sports and games.
School id cards, School Belt & Tie
School id card is part of the school uniform and has to be used every day with the school uniform.School belt is compulsory from fifth standard.
Boys in all grades are required to have standard,plain,hair cut short and neatly combed.Girls in all grades with shorter hair up to the shoulder level must have it combed it neat.Girls with longer hair must braid them in two and fold it up to the shoulder level and use white ribbons.(on Wednesdays and Saturdays-Yellow ribbons.).Girls may use hair bands and small earrings suitable with the school uniform.
It is strongly recommended that every Benhill english school Student participate in one co-curricular activity during the academic year to develop his/her innate talents.